Skip to main content

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Well. Life is rollin' along, my dear people, and things are happening every day.

Remember that Dance competition that I told you about last week? One of last week's miracles was finding out that I didn't have to miss classes, and that I could just go watch it to fill the assignment. Behold- the evolution of the miracle. This week, at the beginning of my dance class my teacher was calling roll, and when she got to my name she pointed her pencil at me, looked up from her clipboard and asked, "Do you still want to dance Samba? I found you a partner. Talk to me after class." Do I want to dance Samba? Um, YES I DO!! So I talked to her after class and the rest is history...

DanceSport competition, here I come!!

Other tender mercy? Finding out that my sister sees tender mercies. We were walking together on campus, talking about life, and she said to me "Er, I have to tell you my tender mercy story." She recounted to me a little event from the night before- not anything big, but something that had really touched her in a moment of stress. She said that after it happened, she just went to her room and felt so strongly that it had been a blessing from the Lord, and I felt her wonder and testimony.

It might have been one of the best big sister days of my life. I have such a passionate belief in the importance of recognizing little miracles (the main reason I write this blog), and knowing that she has begun to really SEE them touched me deeply. That is what I want for all of us!!! Upon the choice to "open our eyes and see" hangs much of our happiness.

Now, I know that some of you will have mixed feelings about the first real snow of the season, but that was another small miracle this week for me. Perhaps this will sound cliche, but hear me out and you'll see that it really isn't! When I walked out from work and felt it flaking down, when I heard that thickened stillness and felt the squeaky crunch of a snowy layer under my boot, I felt like I was really home. I've been in a tropical rainy climate for such a long time, and the snow... It wasn't just beautiful. It was the final "Click" in my soul that said "You were away for oh, so long. You lived that life. That time was real. But now you're coming home."

I hadn't realized that I missed the snow so much.

First snow :)
La primera nieve ;)
Dancesport!
La competencia de baile




















Bueno. La vida marcha adelante, mis amigos, y siempre hay algo en cada día. 

Se acuerdan de la competencia de baile que mencioné la semana pasada? Uno de mis milagros era saber que no tenía que faltar a mis clases, y que podía hacer otra tarea en vez de esa asignación para participar en la competencia. Bueno. Este semana, sin embargo, tenemos un milagro diferente en cuanto a dicho competencia. El jueves en la clase de baile, mi profesora estaba pasando la lista de estudiantes, y cuando me llamó, me miró y dijo ''Todavía quieres bailar en la competición? Te encontré un compañero de baile. Hablamos después de la clase.'' A ver, quiero competir? OBVIO QUE SI!! Le hablé después de la clase, y...

--Dancesport (el nombre de la competencia) , nos vemos el sabado!!

Otro milagro? Saber que mi hermanita sabe discernir a los tiernas misericordias del Padre. Este semana, mientras caminamos juntos, me dijo ''Er, trengo que contarte la historia de una tierna misericordia que me pasó.'' Me contó de una cosa pequeña de la noche anterior, algo que había sucedido justo en un momento de estrés. Dijo que después del incidente, fue a si cuarto y supo que venía de Dios, y yo sentí su sinceridad y su testimonio de lo que había pasado.

Fue, quizás, uno de los días mejores ser hermana mayor. Tengo una creyencia tan firme en el poder de los milagros pequeños (una de las razones por lo cual escribo en este blog), y saber que mi hermanita tambien los busca? Me hizo muy feliz. Es lo que quiero para todos!!! Mucho de nuestro felicidád depende de nuestra disposición de ''abrir los ojos y ver''. 

Hablando de otro tema, muchos aquí en Utah tienen sentimientos encontrados hacía la nieve, especialmente este semana, ya que nevó por la primera vez. Cuando yo salí del trabajo y la ví cayendo, sentí el gran silencio y la sensación de la nieve aplastando abajo de mis pies. Sentí, a la vez, que finalmente estaba en mi hogar. Yo había estado por tanto tiempo en mi querido Chile, en la lluvia y la humedad, y parecía que la nieve... No era solamente hermosa. Era el ''Click'' finál en mi alma, y me parecía decir ''Es cierto. Pasaste tanto tiempo allí, y ahora pertenece otra vez a tu hogar.'' 

Sabe? No me daba cuenta cuanto extrañaba a la nieve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace I Cannot Buy

I tried to build a fence up in the sky To gather in a realm of my control. A boundary, I hoped, would satisfy My need to understand, to do, to know. I placed a willing god up in the sky Who let me win his blessings and his love. I did my part, and he would then comply By show’ring chosen favors from above. But then a day when all the light blue sky— It fell in broken pieces on the ground. I couldn’t fix it, find a reason why. And from the empty heavens, not a sound. I mourned and suffered, looked up at the sky. I’d kept my rules, but still I faced this pain. My tidy, righteous living did not buy The blessings or the peace I hoped to gain. The real God saw my fences in the sky And knew my fear of giving up control. My pride, it sat between the Lord and I, But waiting there, He yearned to touch my soul. And only when I crouched ‘neath shattered sky Could I begin again to know His face. My helplessness inspired me to try To tru

The Saved Are Also Saving

My babe turned blue. We called. They came with badges, boxes, more. I kneeled beside my ash-gray babe, laid still upon the floor. The sheriff introduced himself and other county men, for all the local officers were mourning Shinners then. He'd died. My babe, he breathed again. Somehow, I'd never thought that daily, some are working jobs so hand in hand with God. I shuddered- through my broken soul came wisps of man's divine-- He gives himself for someone else, for little ones like mine. They heal, protect, give hope, give life. They do their work like Him. While some are given chances, others are giving them. It broke and healed my mother's soul-- I could not save my son. But when we called, they came. They came... to save my little one.
I love to know and understand things. It's a core part of who I am. I want to understand why gas prices just went up, what chemical function corn starch serves in a recipe, why charity is always referred to as an object and not a quality... All the things! Maybe that's why this is one of my favorite memes... #knowallthethings Here's my dilemma. I know how to find and apply spiritual knowledge. It's my foundation and lens for all further questions. I'm also pretty good at finding and evaluating intellectual truth. (Thank you, Google Scholar, Provo library, and at least 5 news sources on any given topic) But what about cultural truths?  I want to know what my society really values. I want to know how "the majority" really spend their time, their attention, their priorities. This knowledge will inform my life views, my parenting, and my habits much less than spiritual or intellectual knowledge, but it's still useful and important to me. My awaren